Feb 8, 2013

The March for Life, 2013







January 25th, 2013. Over 650,000 people gathered in Washington D.C. in the Smithsonian Mall, waiting to begin the walk past the Capitol building to the Supreme Court steps.
If you were at the beginning of the March, it would take probably about 45 minutes to an hour.
If you were in the middle, it would take about 2-3 hours.
And if you were at the end, you'd be marching from 1pm-6:30, 7pm.

Most of the people who attended were teenagers and young adults. Large groups of college kids stood behind their banner, laughing and making up pro-life verses to songs from Le Miz and a few nursery rhymes. Some were solemnly praying the rosary, or singing worship songs.

Moms and Dads walked by, pushing strollers or carrying a two year old on their shoulders. You could see people standing on top of buildings with huge cameras, watching the massive sea of people flow in the streets of D.C. that made up the largest civil protest in the world. It was freezing and snowing. People were making snowballs from the snow on their coats. But still we marched, because we believe that abortion is wrong, that it needs to be stopped.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/75073_4220592879178_2063195434_n.jpg



http://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=c9b1a06044&view=att&th=13c76887610fd307&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=730aba40257ca4db_0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-u7wAmZeaRUWWiP1WoVnPP&sadet=1360262239236&sads=nYSfbossPkv-3eZYsmOoGoSl4-s&sadssc=1
//Unknown Source\\

I wouldn't normally post something like this on my blog. I want my blog to be enjoyable to read, fun to look at and so forth. But this issue is too important for me to ignore and to not post. Because not enough people are talking about it. Let me guess... did you see anything about the March on the news? In the newspapers? No? Big surprise. I've traveled to D.C. four times now for this rally, I've post-poned exams and took off work, I've risked perfect attendance and I've missed other opportunities that I would have enjoyed to do: and I will continue to do so until I don't have to anymore. Until the March is no longer needed. And for the past four years, the March has never made a headline or a brief appearance on the news. Except Korea, because their networks were covering something that was happening in America. The largest civil protest in the world, and hardly anybody who didn't go knows about it.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/394819_10151279617903881_810863185_n.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog